Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bush, a hypocrit....

Yesterday or the day before, I caught a quote off the news from our beloved *cough* President- Mr. Bush. He said something to the affect of, “I will not have politicians in Washington telling our millitary men how to do there jobs.” This was in a speech talking about the bill that democrats are trying to push through trying to get a phased withdrawal from Iraq. I found this pretty amusing- and hypocritical.
If he objects to Washington politicians pushing around military officers, why the heck did he tell them to go to war in Iraq years ago? Many top ranking military officers told him that it wasn’t a good idea, but he still told them to go to war and then he gave information that had been tampered with to Congress so they would back him up. Please… isn’t that hypocritical (at least a teensy-weensy bit?
I never really liked Bush. In the beginning I thought he did pretty well with what he got, with 9/11 and all… but it went downhill from there. I just hope whoever takes over the white house next is not a hypocritical and as two faced as this guy, and I don’t mean that Bush is a bad person (he reads his Bible everyday… how bad can he be? – That’s another point I’ll make later)… I just think he’s done a horrible job running our country. And I feel sorry for people like Colin Powell and Hillary Clinton who are getting the bad end of it (Colin Powell- left the white house… and his career. Hillary Clinton: My fav candidate so far who actually may lose the election [where I am anyhow] because she used the tampered with information to base her vote for the War in Iraq)
Please just remember… this is all my opinion... a comment with a well versed counter opinion and you may turn the crazy blogger around. Good luck. Politics is one of those things I love to argue over...

5 comments:

Pure.Ash said...

Feel free to argue... I love to argue. It's hard to find people, especially teens, that want to share an opinion these days...

Anonymous said...

i agree that it is somewhat hipocrytical.
however i believe that he went to "action"* for the right reasons, and that the military presence in Iraq has strengthened the country.

*i say action because we are not technically at war. its like Nam. Military action. not war.

Pure.Ash said...

How do you mean it strengthened the country? I think it's torn the country appart, because people are taking sides with the faulty information thing... I'm not really sure what you mean. Clarify?

Anonymous said...

sorry, not our country, Iraq. My cousin was just in the sandbox, and he saw what it was like before military presence and after. Before, under the dictatorship of Sadaam, people were being tortured, they were afraid to express themselves in any way that the leaders might disagree with, and they really didnt have any freedom whatsoever. Now that the military has acted, the people live with much more freedom than ever before.

i agree that our country seems to be torn apart, but it is this that makes our country so strong. The fact that we have differing opinions and are not at each others throat [except in the blogs] shows more unity as a country than anything else.

Pure.Ash said...

That makes more sense. I just wish that the Iraqis would help more, to make peace, so we could stablize the country easier.