Tuesday, April 24, 2007

2008 Presidential Candidates!

One of my favorite topics, me and my semi-republican dad argue all the time about this election:

The 2008 presidential race is absolutely crazy already. Especially the democratic race. My favorite candidate so far is Hillary Clinton, a democrat (I consider myself an independent though… I don’t believe in party politics. I think you should support for someone because of their views, not because of their party). I don’t think Obama has the experience to do well in the White House. He is also an ear pleaser… he says TOO much of what people want to hear, and I think this is because of his inexperience (although I do like his foreign policy platform… and his idea to secure all of the worlds nuclear weapons- not that I think it’s as easy as he says). I don’t think he’s all talk and no action, I do think that’s how it would turn out if he was elected. He says this stuff now, but he just lacks the experience to do it. Where I am (an important primary election state this go round) Obama has all of the African American male votes (especially some of the less wealthy ones- he tells them what they wanna hear) and about half of the African American female votes. What annoys me about this is that a lot of people in the slums down here are saying “He’s black, he knows what it’s like.” But he’s a different kind of black. I know, because I’ve lived among black people most of my life. My town has about 200 people in it, all rural, and mostly African American. There were two white kids besides me in my grade at my elementary school. I understand them and can relate to them. Obama- I think- doesn’t know what it’s like here, or doesn’t remember what it’s like.
Hillary on the other hand doesn’t know what it’s like either, but she’s empathetic and I think she understands. I also think we need a little woman’s passion in politics at this time. I think if Hillary ran for president with Obama as her running mate, that would be a great match. Like I said Obama has the drive, but not the experience. I think if they could get over their differences then that would be a winning team.
The poor republicans in the race… If I were a republican, this year, I would run as an independent just to separate myself from the party. I feel really bad for McCain, who I used to like… him and his straight talk bus are driving right into the mud. He’s aiming for the votes of the Christian right, but I don’t think that there is a firm majority there to pull him through. I’ve been saying this ever since he got back on the straight talk bus- it’s too little, and it’s WAY too late!
At least this year, we have huge selection of candidates… people ranging from far left, to far right, to somewhere in the middle… it’s going to be a great race and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be rather dissapointed if Clinton won this year. I thought the constitution said you could only be president twice... But seriously, if you ask me, Clintons pretty wishy-washy about some pretty important political issues. Such as: Gay rights, welfare, the action in Iraq, and gun control. Here in SC shes not gonna win the vote. to many of us like our guns.

Pure.Ash said...

But remember, she has a long time to strengthen her platform. The actual election isn't until november next year. She does definitely need to clarify her views, and here in the South she is definitely dead. I think actually that Ombama and Romney are the leading candidates in the SC, NC, Georgia region. And the issue of gun control is definitely going to be an issue here in the south because of the culture... I don't get why people like guns so much. They go boom and kill things.

Anonymous said...

we love the fact that they go boom and kill things. food didnt magically appear on my ancestors table, and it sure dont do it on mine. I actually think its more of a male thing. But i would rather see Guilianni get the position. I foresee troublesome times ahead for America, and i like how he deals with stress.

Pure.Ash said...

I live in a family full of people who love to kill things- the men and women. I've been pretty much cast out for it too, especially on my dad's side. It's amazing that I actually still eat meat...
I don't know much about Guilianni... I should probably read some more about him.