Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Waking Dream

So, I've been having a wonderful day. So... what did I do? Go and start writing depressing poetry. Anyway, the stuff I'm working on now isn't done yet, but I wrote this beauty a while back, I really like it, and verse 3 rocks your socks.

Standing in the water,
Staring at the stars,
I think of how I came to be,
And who we truly are.

Echoes ring out endlessly
From a cloudless sky,
And in the dream’s sweet respite,
All things begin to sigh.

This is the waking dream,
Though sorrows tear at mind,
I fall into the softness,
Safe, asleep, and blind.

My time here is quick,
A dream that time will not allow,
You may wake me up,
But let me sleep for now.

I feel the coming hour,
All wounds to bleed once more,
And I will drown in sorrow,
Like I did before.

I promise to awake,
But please don’t do it now,
Please let it be gentle,
And I won’t care how.

Let me see the dawn,
As I open up my eyes,
When I leave this place,
Where true peace always lies.

--- By Ash

No comments: