Wednesday, December 12, 2007

some icons

yeah, so. Long time no type. I thought I'd get back to my wonderful blog (I would've never remembered if whitegrahamcracker hadn't mentioned it today, so thanks).
Anyway. I've been playing around with some graphics, using my own photos and stock to make album covers for one of my favorite albums, AFI's Art of Drowning. I'm planning on making a cover for each song, and I'm doing it in kind of random order and I'm not doing one for the Bonus Track (Battled) or Initiation (it has no lyrics). I'm just experimenting with my imaging program so this is just for fun. Here are the ones I've done so far:



The AFI logo is from afireinside.net and the titles are all in the Beyond Wonderland font from Dafont.com
Enjoy!





Track 2 on the album. This isn't really that great... I may edit it later. I found the sun and planets photo online and the hand is my own photo.





I really really like this one. It's for track 3, The Nephilim (I love that song). The background is one I made and the hand is from a painting I had scanned on my computer.





Track 4, Ever and a Day. I took and edited all the photos in this one... it's alright. I do like the bare tree branch fade... I just took a picture of a dead tree, made it negative and messed around with the hue and stuff.





Track 5, Sacrifice Theory. this one is kinda weird. I got both photos off a stock site of deviantart and used some fading brushes and ripple effects. You can't see the ripples to well, but you'd notice if they were gone. I originally just had the boy jumping and not the fire, a cover for Summer Shudder (AFI, Decemberunderground), but it didn't work.






Days of the Phoenix, track 9 (I think), another great song. This one's a little different in style from the other ones, but I like it. I scanned the feathers, the fire and bird stock are from deviantart and photobucket.





I think this is my favorite one- all the stock is from deviantart. One of my favorite songs off this particular album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

steve economy nsgc unsubscribe awarding unviable cartridges disbursing removed furher soon
lolikneri havaqatsu